Monday, September 29, 2008

Farmers Markets are Fun

My little Jane and I worked our first farmers market together in July. I wish I would have taken a picture because we had Jelly Jane-ish colored balloons and Jane looked so sweet in her darling handmade apron (a christmas present from Grammy). She was of course covered in glitter gel and quite the salesperson. Someone would choose the jar they wanted and Janey would say, "Now you have to give us your money." It was not very subtle... It was entertainment for those with tables around us. We had fun helping people choose a flavor, only after they had smelled each one at least twice. Thats another thing Jane has to work on, b/c she would want a sniff too and one time ( I think it was about a cucumber melon jar) she said, "Ewwww, that reeks!" Not exactly the best sales technique but very amusing and a good conversation piece. In the end it was a great learning experience for both of us and we completely sold out of jars!